Alex and I have been lamenting the fact that we have not been able to capitalize on a single snowy weekend in New England! No skiing, now snowmobiling, no skating, NOTHING! So it was decided, we would take a weekend and do something snowy...while we still could. We scored some amazing deals on gear, skis, boots, poles, goggles..you name it...its in our arsenal. Jay Peak in Vermont still had a few weeks leftin their season, so we hightailed it to the mountain and skied our hearts out Saturday! It was so much fun! We had moments where we fell like dorks...I had a particularly scary tumble down a wooded hill...needless to say I was pretty cranky (read: pissed the fuck off) at everyone around me (Alex) but it passed and I got over it. I mean seriously..its been over 10 years since I have set foot on a mountain..did I expect to be 'insert famous skier here' ?!!? The mountain closed around 4p so we didn't get too much skiing in, but it was a great test of our abilities and I think prepped us for next season :)
Sunday of the weekend we spent recouping, relaxing, and sampling some local maple syrup. We took a small side trip out to Cabot in hopes of visiting the Cabot Creamery and buying more awesome butter. No dice. Closed on Sundays. Jerks. On our way back though...we saw a sign that said 'Sugar House - Local Maple Syrup' something you cannot pass up! The woman that was at the counter ran the place. She took us into the processing area where she had shot glasses set up so you can sample the product! It was incredible! Some of the best syrup I have ever tasted! My grandmother bought a bottle, we bought a table! Alex and I have been searching for a side table for our couch for weeks. Traveling to countless antique shops looking for something 'just right'. This table wasn't marked for sale, it is a small mahogany piece with ring stains on the top, its absolutely perfect! The woman gave it to us for $20. Refinishing it is going to be our summer project :)
Also did I mention the blizzard? All day Sunday it was snowing. Flurries, hard hail/snow, and then BAM! Complete white-out! It was beautiful and amazing. I can't wait for winter 08/09!
P.S. We saw an owl in a tree. All majestic-like! Vermont dazzles me every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment