Tuesday, 12 August 2008

what?

I have been so incredibly slack in updating this blog. I apologize but you will realize that things have been crazy busy!

In late June through early July, Alex's mum was visiting (hi Helen!) and we did heaps of awesome things...like..well heaps of things. We went to NYC, where we got stuck in the rain, then came back to Boston, where it rained, we then went up to Burlington, VT...more rain... We decided to try Portland, ME...because we didn't get enough of the rain >.< It was a pretty amazing couple of weeks...all weather bashing aside ;)

In between then and now, Alex and I have scaled Mt. Washington (!!!)..but only one way.. it was seriously hard for me. The mental fortitude to continue up the mountain seemed to slip through my fingers every step of the way... I just wanted to die up there...for the wind to strike me down and the sweet release of death to envelop me... and then we got to the top and it was awesome :P Once atop the mountain we were able to really grasp how vast the landscape was and just how utterly breathtaking it is. I was so enraptured that I couldn't make it down the mountain...so we hitched a ride in the parking lot from this lovely couple from Tennessee! STRANGER DANGER!!!111!! hah They were lovely and a pleasure to ride down with. They spend their retirement years traveling and hiking various mountains and parks. Pretty sweet life if you ask me.

We have also had another out of towner drop by. Our friend Pin-Pin is in from Scotland, and with her she brought various bottles of spirits! I finally got to try Pimms..although I have also come to find that they sell it here in the states >.< She also brought a 17 year old whiskey...which tastes like burning...vanilla and smokey burning...but in a good way. I think I will leave that for Alex to enjoy...I will stick to the girly Pimms cup thank you very much...

We are still visiting my grandmother...who is a constant thorn in our side. An unspeakable evil that no mortal should have to tussle with... She causes us both irreparable pain...days are needed to recover from her verbal blows. But. She is family.

Oh...and on the family note...my mom offered Alex and I tickets to the Olympics in Beijing next week, including airfare! We respectfully declined. Not due to our hatred for the Olympics. No. We just felt that it would be too much of a monetary expense to justify. I mean what would have been spent would have paid our rent for a year. ONE YEAR. Nuff said... But it does stir up our desires to visit China...ponder ponder ponder ;)

No comments: