This weekend marked the first trip to my grandmother's house in 2008. We make the trip every fortnight or so, to refresh the grocery supply, do miscellaneous errands, and just hang out with an old lady :P
Most times...its more of a challenge than anything...Alex rarely sees the jovial and loving woman I grew up with. In her old age she has gotten contentious and rude...with moments of funny. This weekend...had more of the latter!! We went out to Lowe's (home improvement center of sorts..) and there was one of those motorized carriages for the aged and disabled...well we had an aged and disabled person with us (!!!) why not give it a spin!! My grandmother was not having it...she thought we were going to get the cops called on us and wouldn't give it a spin..So at Alex's urging..I got behind the wheel to demonstrate how fun and easy it was! Well...this spawned a race through the store! My grandmother was dodging us in every aisle, ducking and weaving past items and displays...actually sprinting across the store! It was awesome!!!! She was laughing hysterically! I was having a blast zipping around the store just playing! It reminded me of the omama that I adore. I am glad that Alex gets a glimpse of this...even if it is fleeting..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is great to hear, dar dar superstar. I know how it can be hard for you to deal with her sometimes, and I like stories that work out like this.
Of course, had I seen such behaviour, I would have tutted in a very cross way. For my kids, you understand.
Hey are you people in NJ? Someone knocked my kid down in that store in the situation you described.
I guess you will be hearing from my joke. Kidding. David here. Little MayMay seems to has lost her voice, oh and I just got Grandmas boy in from Netflix again, gonna watch tonight. Six more days to baby due date.
Post a Comment